Counselling and psychotherapy aim to help clients to express themselves, develop healthier behaviours, and more fulfilling relationships. These therapies provide interventions designed to help individuals think, feel, and act at in healthy and fulfilling ways.
I provide services to:
- Children between the ages of 3-12, through play therapy
- Youth between the ages of 12-18, through talk therapy
- Families of diverse backgrounds, through family therapy
I can work with clients either in-person or virtually on a secure video platform.
A Tailored Approach
There exist many effective types of therapies. No client or family is the same, and so the approach I use incorporates a variety of well-researched and effective approaches that are selected and tailored to each client.
My approach is grounded in Client Centered Therapy, which is founded on the belief that clients can work through their struggles and challenges given the right support and environment. This approach aims to establish a relationship of genuineness and honesty between the therapist and client. It also focuses on building self-sufficiency and resiliency for clients.
Once I gain and understanding of a client’s struggles and challenges, I usually incorporate other validated approaches based on the client’s (and family’s) needs, such as:
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT),
- Gestalt Therapy,
- Psychodynamic Therapy,
- Emotion-Focused Therapy,
- Experiential Therapy,
- Expressive Therapies (art therapy and sand tray therapy)
- Individual Play Therapy
- Filial Therapy or Child-Parent Relationship Therapy,